Our awards and recognition from others include:
- In acknowledgement of IEA’s work, UNESCO has recognized the IEA as an organization that is contributing to the culture of peace and as an actor of the global movement for a culture of peace (a United Nations initiative).
- Prize for Humanity (February 2006): Awarded to the IEA and its executive director Yehuda Stolov by the Immortal Chaplains Foundation. As described, this award honors those who risked all to protect others of a different faith or ethnic origin. The IEA was represented by Ms. Najeeba Sirhan, the Principal of Majd el-Krum, who received the award aboard the Queen Mary.
- Women’s Peace Initiative Award (October 2007): Awarded to Ms. Najeeba Sirhan and Ms. Osnat Aram-Daphna, the coordinators of the Karmiel & Majd el-Krum Interfaith Encounter group, for being selected as the recipients of the Women’s Peace Initiative Award of the Tanenbaum Center for Interreligious Understanding.
- INTR°A-Project Award for the Complementation of Religions (October 2007): Awarded to the IEA by InterReligiöse Arbeitsstelle (Institute of Interreligous Studies, or INTR°A), for advancing religious dialogue between equal partners, in an atmosphere which is free of exclusive claims to religious truth that devalue other faith communities, and in which all religious communities and individual believers are encouraged to ask what they are able to do in order to contribute to reconciliation, and how the ongoing interpretation and study of each group’s sacred texts can help in this task.
- Commendable Effort: The film Interfaith Encounter in the Galilee, produced by IEA to present the work of its school-twinning project, was awarded this at the Second World Peace Film & Music Festival by the World Movement for Global Democracy.
- Entrepreneurial Projects that will Change the Face of Tomorrow (May 2008): The IEA was one of the sixty projects selected to present at the Israeli Presidential Conference as one of these – one of only eleven social projects and the only project of peaceful coexistence. More can be read here.